Scoping study and feasibility
The Northern Territory (NT) Government seeks to position itself as a global leader in delivering innovative and creative solutions to address challenges associated with healthy ageing, tropical health, delivering health care and services in remote regions and to disadvantaged communities, and as a destination for health services more broadly. NT Health has engaged an expert consultant with current relevant direct experience to undertake a scoping study into the technical and commercial feasibility of a Northern Australia health science and technology park (NAHSTP) in Darwin.
The Northern Australia HSTP will, among other things:
- lead research and development in relation to remote and other health care
- drive technologies which reduce isolation and improve accessibility to medical and allied health care
- be a magnet for health experts and researchers in the fields of remote health and / or Aboriginal health, healthy ageing, tropical health, oncology, or other areas that may be attractive to potential investors / philanthropists
- deliver research and innovation in combination with a commercial clinical setting
- provide opportunities for a private health service providers to build and / or operate commercial health facilities for a broad range of clients including international clients.